Diet Before Exercise
It can not be denied that exercise can have a positive effect on the body as a whole. The body is like a machine that will quickly break if it is never used.
Exercising will ensure the body is always actively moving so that the muscles of the body well trained, blood circulation becomes smooth and long-term health can get.
Here’s an example of a diet before, during and after exercise so that can get the optimal benefits from sports that do.
PATTERNS EAT BEFORE SPORT
Target nutrition before exercise:
- Eat foods or high-carbohydrate snacks to fully fill up the muscle glycogen deposits. consume food replacement or meal replacement in the form of liquid that is more practical and easy to consume than ordinary whole foods.
- Eat protein-rich foods before exercising in small to medium portions. Protein helps build and repair muscle tissue. Adequate protein intake before exercise can help reduce muscle soreness after exercise.
- Choose foods that are low in fat and fiber to facilitate the digestion of the nutrients.
Examples of pre-sports foods and drinks:
3-4 hours before the sport:
- Wheat bread with peanut butter and honey + instant breakfast drinks.
- Fruit and yogurt smoothie + low-fat cereal or oatmeal.
- Oatmeal with brown sugar and almonds (other types of beans) + skim milk + bananas.
- Low fat cottage cheese + apple jam + cracker + wine.
- Hamburgers with low-fat ham with lettuce and tomato + salad + yogurt with fruit.
- Chicken and cheese sandwich + fruit + protein shake.
- Tuna + fruit + fat free yoghurt sandwich.
30-60 minutes before the sport:
- Sports drinks or enough mineral water.
- Sport bar, protein bar, or energy bar. Other types of energy gels and energy gummy.
- A piece of fruit or a jam sandwich.
Tips to note:
- Experiment with different types of foods and beverages above or the like including proper consumption time to find out the body response.
- Finding the right kind of food for you can help improve your confidence before the game.
- Do not forget to eat foods and beverages high in carbohydrates that are easily digested body before exercise.